Monday, September 22, 2008

Pajero's Blog - Day 9


So you are probably wondering why there is a photo of a cat on this blog. Well, I would like to address the issue of cats and why cats should be cats and not enter the dog domain. Now a typical cat should fear dogs, yes, even a sheltie. I know many cat lovers out there would disagree, but I was brought up in a traditional world where cats truly feared man's best friend, the dog. Back home at Kismet, there is a kennel cat that comes and goes as she pleases. She sleeps all day in the towel closet and roams around all night, so we really don’t have a lot of interaction with her. This works great for me and for her. Now at Camp Hemenway, there is a cat that I truly believe has identity issues. First of all, Dan and Allana refer to the black mess as “Felix”. The black mess does not live in the world of cats, but must truly think it is a dog. For example, how many cats do you know have a name tag on a dog crate that reads “Felix”? This cat sleeps in a crate and eats in a crate. It roams around the building all day and when we, the dogs, try to go in and out of the building, it pounces out of nowhere and wraps its little paws around us. It assumes we want to play with it. It willingly jumps onto the grooming table and begs for treats. This is not normal cat behavior. This high level of interaction between the cat and us canines is ridiculous. Tonight it even stole a piece of my dog food right out of my dish. I’m starting to appreciate the sable hairy mop more and more.

3 comments:

  1. My dear Pajero: this is Ardon's gramma again. You really are getting yourself in a mess. First you call Ardon a sable hair mop and now you question the intelligence of Felix. In case you didn't know, I adopted Felix. He is my responsibility. He only lives in Texas with the dogs because I wasn't allowed to have any more cats here in Northern Alberta. So once again, you question one of my PRECIOUS GRAANDBABIES!!! Now I agree that Felix is a little unusual. Well maybe alot unusual. But he grew up in the dog kennel. He has never seen another cat so what can one expect? Hmmmm Maybe he needs a little friend? Why don't you go and tell Aunt Allana that she needs to get another cat to keep Felix company and show him what cats are like.
    Love Ardon's Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Papa/Grandpa Pajero,
    We were going to invite you to come and stay with us till Guy and Thelma return so you can visit with your kids and Grandkids and have a breather from the hairy sable mop. However, you would also have to contend with Mochi the ragdoll. He is rather like the cat you have there. He follows you around even to the bathroom! And once you sit he flops on his back and expects you to scratch his belly. He jumps in the whelping box to play with puppies and now is teaching your Greatgrandchild how to chase him from chair to chair in the livingroom. I do not think you would have any peace and quiet as your 7 weekold greatgrandson feels everything and everyone is his play toy right now.
    Be thankful that Aunty Allana is taking such good care of you.
    Love,
    Jackie(who wanted you here in Hawaii from the time you were a baby!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the invite to your place. I'm starting to worry that cats raised with shelties all suffer from this identity issue. "Felix" was blocking my exit out the door tonight. I don't understand how something less than half my size can be so annoying and intimidating. I could really use a nap under a palm tree. Maybe I should book a tropical vacation. I'll go on line and check out airfares before Allana comes back to use her computer.
    Signed, Pajero.

    ReplyDelete