Monday, September 29, 2008

Pajero's Blog - Day 16


It is hard to believe that it has been 16 days since Hurricane Ike. I've enjoyed being an evacuee here at the Hemenway's, but I'm sure many people are anxious to be back home. There are still 145,000 people without power in the Houston area, but what a difference from 2.2 million just 2 weeks ago. I think CenterPoint Energy has really done a great job on getting people back on-line with electricity. I am glad that I am not one of the 145,000 customers who are still without power though. I’m also grateful that I have a home to go home to.

Today was rather uneventful. I think I like weekends better as Dan and Allana are home more and I get to go out and do things such as picnics and mystery shrub shopping. The mystery of the shrub may be solved though! Thank goodness for a professor at Texas State University that was able to identify the sad looking stick in the picture on Thursday's Blog (Day 12). The stick may actually be an ornamental pomegranate. I hope Dan is able to bring one home soon so that Allana stops feeling sorry for the stick. Dan is trying to re-pot all the remnants of the shrub. There are cute little planter pots all over the carport. I hope it works out for him.

I’m enjoying another evening on the loveseat. It is wonderful this evening as the sable hairy mop elected to stay outside so I don’t have to share. I love comfy couches.

No comments:

Post a Comment