Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pajero's Blog - Day 11


I understand the safety issues of confining a pet. I appreciate having my own backyard or dog run area to keep me safe from the outside roaming critters, but I feel completely safe inside the house, so what is the deal with baby gates? From what I can tell since I've been here at the Hemenways, there are no babies, so why do they have these baby gates in their house? What could possibly hide under a grand piano that could hurt me, or do they really have monsters under the bed that I need to be protected from? I think not. From what I can tell by flipping through these pet magazines on the coffee table, the pet industry has decided to restrict our roaming rights inside the house. I guess I can understand the use for puppies as puppies will chew up anything and don't always mind their manners in the house, but please, I am way beyond that! Even the sable hairy mop doesn't seem to chew furniture so why are we barred from the hardwood floor areas in this house without supervision? I need to research my rights. I'm sure I'm being unlawfully detained or confined. Maybe I can work with the mop to figure a way to open this gate. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Hey pops-

    We have been reading your daily adventures and have a little advice to send your way about the baby gates: DON'T try to chew your way through them, it doesn't work, we've tried it, and it put us in hot water with our mom. We have those stupid gates at our grandparents sometimes, (I think it might have something to do with me (Rocky) chewing on grandpas shoestrings). If you need double son back-up with that sable hairy mob, you know how to reach us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rocky and Raleigh,
    Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of chewing through the gate, but I don't want to upset Allana so I won't.
    Signed, Pajero

    ReplyDelete
  3. DeAR PAJerO - U AR OK for a blu myrtle, but I WOUld LiKE to ReaD The so-CALLED ARDon's BlOG. I THInK He hAS a prettY FaCE. DOn'T teLL My MOM i uSED her comPUtER.

    COmET

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Comet,

    I hope you don't get caught on your mom's computer. I have been thinking of teaching Ardon how to do this blog thing. He has all these special letters after his name such as AX, AXJ, CGC, HC, etc. so he may be smart enough. I'll let you know.

    signed, Pajero

    ReplyDelete