Friday, February 24, 2017

Substitute Handler at Puppy Kindergarten

So let's revisit this puppy kindergarten thing that I keep getting dragged off to on Thursday nights.  Typically Allana takes me and I get fed lots of treats for doing very simple things, but last night was different.  For some reason Daniel took me to puppy kindergarten.  It started out fine, but then it changed.

Now I don't know if you have ever heard of the "leave it" command.   Let me describe it to you from a puppy's point of view.  The kindergarten teacher told all the handlers to put a delicious treat on the ground and then cover it up slightly and not let the puppy eat the treat.  Does this sound like a good idea to anyone?  I don't think so.  I thought it was pure puppy torture.  Daniel kept waiting for me to ignore the delicious giant treat and to look at him instead to get a little tiny treat.  There is no equity in this at all.  What's next ignoring a new play toy?  I really don't understand this training class at all.

Fortunately, Allana showed up for the second part of the class and then all I had to do was sit or lay down for a treat.  This is a much preferred activity than ignoring a giant delicious treat.  I hope Allana takes me to class next week.  I just attend for the treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment