Friday, February 10, 2017

Conformation Handling Class versus Puppy Kindergarten

I think I've told you I attend show dog classes on Wednesday nights.  Daniel and Allana refer to these classes as "handling" class.  I prefer to call it, run around, put your ears up and look pretty and get fed class.  I think they are super fun.  All I have to do is look pretty and I get fed so it is a great time.

Last night I started Puppy Kindergarten.  Puppy Kindergarten was quite different.  There is a person who tells Allana what to do.  While I don't really understand this relationship, I guess I'll find out more if I keep going.  The instructor person taught Allana how to teach me sit.  I really don't understand this so much as Allana taught me sit when I first came home to her place when I was only 8 weeks old.  The procedure really didn't change, but I sure did get a lot of treats.  Every time Allana asked me to sit, there was this clicking sound and I got fed.  I didn't have supper last night and yet I was full when I came home from class.

So while I really don't understand why I go to two different classes, as long as I get lots of treats in both, I think I'm fine with going out twice a week.  I'll keep you posted on how each class goes.  So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment