Thursday, January 12, 2017

Not the homecoming I expected...

So Allana was gone for two whole days!  She never came home from work last night.  Dan said she was out of town for a workshop.  All I know is that every night Allana comes home and even if it is late, she always gives me some treats.  Oh sure, I entertain her with a few sits, downs, and comes just to make her happy, but last night I didn't get any treats at all!  I really missed her.

So when she got home tonight, I was super excited to see her.  I thought she would break out the treats right away.  Boy...was I ever wrong.  She scooped me up to give me a hug and then scrunched up her nose and said I smelled like a dog.  Now, at first I thought that was a compliment.  I'm growing up so perhaps I was starting to smell like a dog as I am almost out of puppyhood as I'm three and a half months old now.  Well, this is what followed...

She marched me out to the dog room and plopped me into the bathtub.  Next thing I knew, I was covered in suds!  Now, I really don't like baths.  I tried putting my ears down and attempted my poor pitiful me face.  It didn't work, she started singing to me and told me I was the most beautiful puppy ever.  Next, I found myself on the grooming table with a giant hairdryer blasting at me. 

This was not the reunion evening I had planned for me and Allana.  The good thing is Allana said I was nice and clean so now she just wants to hug me.  I guess the reunion wasn't all that bad after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment