Thursday, June 29, 2017

But Grandma said Come

So before you hear Allana's side of the story, let me tell you exactly what happened.  Grandma and Allana were heading to the other side of the fence.  They had their bathing suits on and their towels wrapped around them.  Now, I see every open door or gate as an opportunity.  Everyone knows the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, so I just took my opportunity.    I darted through the gate, when Allana opened the gate and started to run a lap in the very back of the back yard.  Then, grandma said "Armani come here" so I did.

Well, I always thought that big sparkly blue thing was a trampoline or something.  So when grandma called me I was expecting to walk on the blue stuff over to her..  (Now usually I only come with such enthusiasm when a treat is involved, but remember, grandma is known for extra cookies.)  I leaped from the concrete area in all of my enthusiasm and all of a sudden, there was a splash and I felt this wonderful cool water.  No wonder they have been hanging out in this area of the back yard.  It felt wonderful.  I started swimming towards grandma, who was laughing uncontrollably.  Unfortunately, I could hear Allana calling me too and she sounded a little upset but still seemed to be laughing.  Seeing as I didn't see any cookies in grandma's hands, I decided to turn around and swim back to Allana.  Now, Allana didn't seem as thrilled with my swimming ability as grandma did.  She pulled me out of the pool and starting talking about a bath and deep condition.

I'm not sure why Allana could possibly be upset.  All I did was listen.  Grandma said come and I did and then when Allana said to come, I came back to her.  I think I was once again, just completely perfect as usual.  I hope I don't really have to have another bath.  I just had one last week.  What I do know is the blue sparkly thing in the very back yard is super fun. Grandma didn't think I needed a bath but I have to admit that all the other dogs kept smelling me and walking away from me when I was put on the other side of the fence. I wonder why?

No comments:

Post a Comment