Monday, May 25, 2015

Flooding in San Marcos

What a weekend.  Usually, Memorial weekend is full of hot dogs and hamburgers and people around the pool, but this weekend was very different.  An evacuation order was ordered at 4:00 a.m. on Saturday morning.  Our power had been out all night, and Halo, Star, and Caiden and I were trying to sleep in the family room.  Every time there was the sound of thunder, Halo and Caiden kept barking so it was really hard to sleep.

Allana's friend, Carolyn, called at 6:00 a.m. to let us know about the evacuation order.  All of a sudden, we were all in crates in the back of the mini-van and we were heading off.  It was hard to get out of town as I-35 was closed in both directions in addition to our usual highway 80 path to Houston.  Fortunately, Allana and Dan found a way out of town.

We ended up at Guy and Thelma Mauldin's.  I always enjoy seeing the, however, I ended up in the kennel all weekend, which I didn't think was very fair at all.

I also thought it was ironic, as I've read Pajero's blog and I know that typically people evacuate out of Houston to come to San Marcos.  Well, in this case, I'm glad they were there for us.  I really needed the air conditioning and a nice place to sleep without any storms.

Stitch

No comments:

Post a Comment