Thursday, January 2, 2014

A day to say good-bye

Today Dan and Allana went to say their final good-bye to Stitch's owner, Major Earle Craig Peterson, USAF (Ret.).  I think Stitch should have gone to the funeral as he was Craig's wingman.  Dan and Allana came home and told Stitch that the funeral was a beautiful celebration of Craig's life and that Stitch was mentioned at the service and a big picture of Stitch was projected at the service. 

I think Stitch was pretty spoiled by Craig. Stitch keeps looking at the minivan outside and doesn't believe me that the van really is a car.  Stitch was always riding in the corvette with Craig.  I remember Stitch being dropped off to be babysat while Craig would go off on a family trip  and I seem to recall various fancy cars that Stitch would arrive in.  I know there was at least two different corvettes.

I think we should all be thankful for Craig's service to our country.  As a navigator in the air force and serving in the Vietnam and Korean wars I would have wanted him in charge of my plane as he navigated his team safely to and from their destination.  He is someone I would have wanted on my team.

I know Craig was always ready to serve the Alamo Area Shetland Sheepdog Club.  He had served on the board and  every time we had a show he was there early to help set up and was always one of the last ones to leave as he always stayed to help clean up.  If the club needed anything done, he was always willing to step up!  He will be missed by all the members of the club. 

Thank you Craig for your service to our country, our community and to your church.  You will be missed.  I promise to look out for Stitch until he can meet you in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment