Monday, January 6, 2014

1st Monday of January

Everything was back to the normal routine here at the Hemenway homestead today.  Allana left for work in the middle of the night and Dan was at work for part of the daylight hours.   I did hear on the radio (that Dan so thoughtfully left on for me) that today was supposed to be the most depressing day of the year.  How can that be so?  I know that the sun isn't out a lot, but with the routine back, I didn't have the share the family room with all the other dogs.  I could choose between the sofa, the love seat, the chair and even Dan's new recliner.  Dan wasn't around to scoop me off his new chair and I had no competition for any of the furniture at all.  All the other dogs were put up for nap time so I had the place to myself for a few hours.  I was able to get a good morning and afternoon nap in.  So how could today be depressing?  I thought it was wonderful.  It almost reminded me of being an only dog.  I think the first Monday in January was delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment